Knowing Your Face Shape
I currently interned for a makeup boutique and have learned one important aspect. How vital it is to
know your face shape.
When you define your face structure it is easy for you to determine what kind of looks you can and cannot do. So let’s get started on the basics!
There are 4 different face shapes: heart, round, square and oval
Those with a heart shaped face have a wider forehead and narrow chin.
Notable celebs with heart shaped faces are Scarlette Johansson and Reese Witherspoon.
Make up tricks
- Add matte textured blushes, avoid highlighters (your cheeks are already defined),
- Use gel/pencil lines, avoid liquid liners, opt for soft pink and red lip stick.
Those with a round shaped face have prominent cheeks and the forehead and lower face are the same width
Notable celebs with round shaped faces are Ginnifer Goodwin and Kirsten Dunst.
- Use bronzer to define your face and top with highlighter above your cheeks to further define them
- Try a smokey eye with liquid liner to define your face.
Those with a square shaped face have a broad forehead, wide cheekbones, and a prominent jaw line.
Notable celebs with square faces are Jennifer Garner and Sandra Bullock.
Make up tricks:
- Stick with subtle hues of pink, avoid harsh eyeliners and lip colors
- Play up your lashes with mascara or false lashes
Those with an oval shaped face forehead is slightly wider than their chin and their face is a bit longer than it is wider.
Notable celebs with Oval shaped faces are Megan Fox and Eva Mendes.
Make up tricks:
- Keep YOUR naturally arched brow
- Emphasize your eyes or lips, NOT BOTH